Search this Topic:
Mar 20 15 12:29 PM
Tags : None
Mar 20 15 1:23 PM
Mar 20 15 8:34 PM
Mar 20 15 9:59 PM
Mar 20 15 11:10 PM
steve19981 wrote:If I had to rank the 6 worst jobs in the league, it'd look like this:
14. La Salle - Plus - they're very patient; Minus - facilities, fan support, funding, crowded market
13. St Bonaventure - Plus - fan support; Minus - facilities, size of department (for now), size of school, funding, Olean
12. Fordham - Plus - NYC, operational funding; Minus - facilities, limited fan support, crowded market, track record for last 10 years
11. Duquesne - Plus - operational funding, facilities, Salary; Minus - limited media coverage, local recruiting base, limited fan support
10. UMass - Plus - arena, operational funding, state flagship; Minus - Amherst, fair weather fan support, Football
9. George Mason - Plus - state school, recent history; Minus - dwindling fan support, crowded market
I put La Salle and Bona on a tier to their own. Thankfully, they both have good coaches who are just right for the A-10 level so they're able to sustain modest success with a chance to dance every 5-7 years.
I put Duquesne and Fordham on the next tier up as coaches have a lot more to work with in terms of operating budgets. I put Duquesne slightly ahead of Fordham on access to the CEC as well as their updated weight room, locker room, practice gym and the fact that Duquesne has shown at least moderate sustained success within the last 7 or 8 years.
Umass and Mason are on the next tier.
© 2017 Yuku. All rights reserved.